An Evening With Tish Oney


...is usually the title of my solo touring show when I spend the evening alone on a stage behind a piano (most of the time) singing and playing. My upcoming concert on September 11 will be a bit different... instead of going solo I will be joined by four wonderful musicians--Dr. Gregg Akkerman at the piano, Adam Knight on guitar, Shannon Hoover on bass and Tony Christopher on drums. We have set out to give the University of South Carolina Upstate community a taste of my various touring shows--there will be selections from "Jazz Seasons," my NYC cabaret show performed at both the Metropolitan Room (twice) and the Triad Theatre in Manhattan, "The Peggy Lee Project," performed nationwide at performing arts centers, regional theatres, jazz festivals and university concert series, and "Sweet Youth," my latest critically-acclaimed CD of originals and a few standards. We'll be trying different permutations of the band which will be fun... I'll be doing the solo thing and adding the rhythm section to that, tossing off an adorable bass/vocal duet, featuring different soloists on various tunes, trading with the group and doing both quartet and quintet arrangements. An eclectic evening, truly!

Tickets are $2 for students with ID, $5 for faculty and staff and $8 for the general public. These are hugely discounted from the normal price of tickets to my shows, so I highly encourage folks in the south to come, one and all! The performance will take place Tuesday, September 11 at 7:30 pm in the Performing Arts Center on the USC Upstate campus. For ticket information call the box office at 864-503-5695 Monday - Friday between 1 and 5 pm. We sincerely hope to see y'all there!

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing Writing and Performance (Part 2)

Balancing Writing and Performance (Part 1)

Looking Forward